Peejime

Anime Reviews, Rants, and Revelations!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Final Fantasy: Spirits Within (Part 2)

Well, watched the 2nd half in English, and I (surprisingly) have very few issues with the dub cast.  

Content-wise......I still think it's a good film.  It's exciting and riveting, and loads of sci-fi fun.  

Now..Final Fantasy....I'd like to say that I've figured out what it's missing:   swords and magic.  These two things are present in all things FF, and without them, this is just another science fiction movie.  Guns, aliens, robots....all are good...but no combat, no scorcery....it just wasn't very Final Fantasy.  

Regardless, I still really liked it, and think it's a movie that people should give more of a chance.  The animation (while still definitely animation) is stunning...the plot is all it needs to be...I mean...it's a pretty good package.  Don't expect great character development...don't expect much info on the theory behind the "spirits", just go in, watch it, and walk away.  It's simple.  And that's why I appreciate it.  It was made to be a movie.  Not to change worlds.  

Will buy used some day.




and BTW - the FMVs in FFX and FFX-2 are far beyond even the best cinematics in FFSW...just puts it in perspective...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home